Friday, May 6, 2011

Virus

Well, it’s been a while despite my good intentions to blog more often.
Up to a few weeks ago, training was going really well. I was feeling more focused than ever and concentrating on getting in great shape for my upcoming season. Just as I was starting to feel more confident with my running and starting to get excited to start my racing season, I get blindsided with illness.
It started out as just a sore throat… no other symptoms. I wanted to be pro-active so I headed to the clinic to get it looked at (just in case). They took a swab for Strep Throat and sent me on my way suggesting it was no big deal. The swab came back negative and I kept training through it.
A few days later, I woke up in the middle of the night with fever and my throat was worse than ever. My throat was now so sore, I literally could not eat. I could barely swallow liquid. So, since it was Easter weekend, I went back to the clinic only to be told it is probably a virus. They take one more throat swab (just in case) and blood work to check for Mono. No meds for me, just pain medication to control the fever and pain.
After the holiday weekend is over, I decide to go to my regular doctor (Dr. Keeler), just to follow up. He agrees my throat is a mess and takes yet another swab (just in case). By this time, I was on the mend and apparently every test came back negative.
I am back at training again and trying to get my fitness back. However, my throat is starting to hurt again. I need this to go away. I went back to see Dr. Keeler this morning. He did swab number 4 and sent me on my way. This whole thing has been extremely frustrating. Time to go see a Naturopathic doctor to see if they can help in any way.

B

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your sore throat. I have the same dang thing and it is brutal - I am not training for anything and I am slayed. Let us know when you are well and healing throat thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha wtf brook

    ReplyDelete